Pet Massage, Reiki and Aromatherapy
Massage therapy for animals is no different than humans when it comes to the benefits.
Here are just some of the many benefits your pet can experience from a Professional Massage
- Reduces pain and/or discomfort from stiffness, inflammation & muscle spasm
- Improves muscle tone, flexibility & range of motion- great for all dogs, and especially competitive dogs
- Increases energy, concentration and alertness
- Reduces anxiety and stress; eases emotional traumas
- Promotes blood and lymph circulation, decrease digestion upset
- Heightens immune system function
- Aids in healing from surgery or injury
- Builds trust, self-confidence and sociability
- Promotes longevity and slows degenerative processes
- Massage provides overall wellbeing for your pet. There are MANY additional benefits beyond the ones listed above.
You may be thinking "Massage therapy for my pet? Your kidding me right?"
The reality is that massage therapy when applied by a professional is more than just a glamorous petting. It is soft tissue manipulation with a positive impact on all the pets body systems. Massage therapy is a great compliment to after care from surgery, injury and every day aches and pains.
What is Reiki?
- Reiki (pronounced Ray Key) is a combination of two Japanese words rei and ki meaning universal life energy. Reiki is an ancient laying-on of hands healing technique that uses the life force energy to heal, balancing the subtle energies within our bodies. Reiki addresses physical, emotional, mental and spiritual imbalances. This healing art is an effective delivery system. The Reiki practitioner serves as a vessel that supplies healing energies where they are most needed by the recipient. Reiki's ki-energies flow out of the practitioner's body through the palms of the hands while they are touching the recipient's body.
What are the benefits of reiki for pets?
- Because reiki is healing energy, it will never harm you or your pet.
- It can be given to any type of animal.
- If your pet has emotional problems due to a traumatic situation such as abuse, neglect, or being hit by a car, reiki can help release and heal those emotions.
- For behavioral issues such as nervousness or hyperactivity, reiki can help your pet relax and reduce their stress and anxiety.
- If your pet is sick or injured, reiki can help your pet heal more quickly. If your pet is facing a serious illness, reiki can help bring comfort and be a great compliment to conventional treatment.
- If your beloved pet is dying, reiki for animals can help bring peace and comfort to you and your pet during this difficult time. It really seems to help them relax so they are not afraid and struggling to stay a part of our lives.
Contact us to see how a Massage, Reiki or Aromatherapy session for your pet can be of benefit. We also offer massage therapy workshops and 1/1 training for the pet owner to be able to continue massage on their pet themselves.